Saturday, September 27, 2008

Raining on my parade

I had plans today. Kick ass plans. Plans I was looking forward to all week. I was going to go the a fair with Alex and a friend of mine from work. Alex would have loved it. It would have been so fun. Then the dreaded weather forcast said there was going to be rain. 100% it said. No matter what channel I watched they all said that, and even embellished it with words like "torrential" . So I decided that to take Alex would be a bad call. It's cold season after all, and sick two year olds are not fun.

100%? Torrential? No, not really even a drop. Sure it was damp, and misty all day, but there was no deluge of rain. We totally could have gone. I still got some things accomplished today, and maybe that's a good thing, but still. I don't have a lot of friends in CT, it has taken me a long time to make the ones I have, and quite frankly it sucks when I have to cancel plans with someone who has good friend potential.

Ok, enough complaining about that. I took Alex to get his hair cut this morning, and he was so good, and the haircut is adorable. (pics to follow in a few, I have to take them) He also took an extra long nap today, which always makes me happy on weekends, because then I can nap also. I am supposed to take him to "Family Fun Day" at work tomorrow. Sounds like it will be fun for the kids. I hope it doesn't end up raining tomorrow, although the possiblity of another nap is tempting.

No comments: