Monday, September 29, 2008

A perfect New England Day

I have been extremely homesick lately, and it has been making me a little cranky. Well, a lot cranky. Then today happened. Nothing extraordinary happened. But while I was driving home today, the ordinary was what I found very comforting. It was one of those afternoons that was not hot, but not too cold. It was a little overcast, but the sun was peeking out here and there. On my way home I drive over a mountain. Literally, it's a mountain. And on the way up the mountain, I noticed how vibrant the trees were. The orange and the yellow like a canopy over the road. Then at the top of the mountain, the view was breathtaking. I wish there wasn't anyone behind me, I may have stopped to take it in.

This is my favorite time of year.

Happy Autumn!

No comments: