Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today I fell in love.

This afternoon Alex and I got home at the same time as Damien, so we all took Lola for a walk together. We were walking our usual route, when I noticed one of our neighbors outside with the teeniest, most adorable little puppy. Of course Alex wanted to see the puppy, as did I. So we went over to say hi. Our neighbor told us that she is fostering the puppy, they are looking for a good home for her. She has been calling the puppy Chloe, so that is how I will refer to her for now. Chloe just got here last night, from Mexico. Before I go any further, please let me say right now that no, she is not a Chihuahua. There are other dogs in Mexico. Don't tell Lola. Anyway, Chloe was too cute. She is a rescue dog, apparently there are lots of rescue organizations that go to Mexico to safe the strays down there because there are so many, the little bits of things that she told me make life for a dog there sound horrible. Of course I fell in love with this dog right away, as did Alex and Lola seemed to like her too. After getting Damien's consent I gave the neighbor our number, and she had the lady who rescued the dog call me.

So the lady calls, and there are no adoption fees! What?!?!? She is coming to meet us this week, and I think we are really going to help save this poor little dog. Maybe it seems crazy, but wait until you see her....

1 comment:

Rick, Heather, Ashleigh and Addison said...

So did you end up getting the puppy? I can't wait to see pictures!!